A Central Authentication Service bundle for Symfony 4 & 5.
The Central Authentication Service (CAS) is an Open-Source single sign-on protocol for the web. Its purpose is to permit a user to access multiple applications while providing their credentials only once. It also allows web applications to authenticate users without gaining access to a user’s security credentials, such as a password. The name CAS also refers to a software package that implements this protocol.
In order to foster a greater adoption of this bundle, it has been built with interoperability in mind. It only uses PHP Standards Recommendations interfaces.
- PSR-3 for logging,
- PSR-4 for classes autoloading,
- PSR-6 for caching,
- PSR-7 for HTTP messages (requests, responses),
- PSR-12 for coding standards,
- PSR-17 for HTTP messages factories,
- PSR-18 for the HTTP client.